31 Jul The Birth Of Gargantua
Born as a part of Il Varco Cinema, an italian production company, Gargantua is a new italian distributor of international short films. Thanks to the collaboration with director Antonio La Camera, that has accepted the role of Art Director of the distribution, our aim is to create a catalogue of independent author short films that shine for language, form, style and depth of their content, with a peculiar eye on young filmmakers.
The starting lineup will be made of 5 short films:
- Inutile al mondo, a documentary short by Antonio Romagnoli, still waiting its world premiere.
- Il Rito, a documentary short by Fabrizio Condino, still waiting its world premiere
- Im Bären, a fiction short by Lilian Sassanelli, which was previously nominated for the David di Donatello and Nastri D’Argento
- Nel ritrovo del silenzio, a fiction short by Antonio La Camera, that premiered at Fabriano Film Fest
- Houses, a music video by Antonio La Camera which recently won Tulipani di Seta Nera prize.
The company aims to offer a different service from existing distributors, not focusing only on distribution but offering a complete support on promotional materials, screening materials and director’s image materials.
Gargantua will also be a living community with meetings all around Europe.
Join a different distribution experience.